North Carolina is Humid - July 6, 2005

Wow, where to begin...  Montague is a machine!  I kind of could tell this right away, but it is becoming more and more apparent.  Everyone in the area has warned me that he is a beast - Apparently he was in some couple hundred mile bike race from Idaho through Utah.  I thought I was in good shape before, but this guy is just super human!  Woke up at 6:15am, ran downstairs and he was ready for an intense workout.  Made a huge mistake to drink some OJ right when I woke up... Anyway, I did not expect the mission to be such a good workout.  Between these morning workouts and 30-40 miles biking everyday, I am going to be in better shape than before I left soon.  Personal scripture study was awesome today.  Brought my "A" game and marked all the scriptures I use for all the lessons color coordinated so I can flip to them easy.  Then we had companionship study, where we talked about everything!  Then we went straight to district meeting and after we all went to Cici's Pizza for lunch.  All you can eat pizza and salad for $4.  Not good food, but a good deal.  Missionaries eat a lot - We definitely all got our money's worth there ha.  After lunch, we rode about 10 miles to the Moody's.  The mom was originally from San Diego and they were awesome.  Montague's tire popped on the way back, which was actually alright, because I needed a break so bad... He bikes unreal fast!  We had to walk back over 5 miles though with our bikes, so that wasn't necessarily so great.  By the way, it was 94 degrees out and so humid!  Talk about sweaty!  Anyway, I'm just trying to stay positive and see the good in everything we do and I know I can do this!  Pretty intense though and so much different than expected.  Doing my best though and just loving the people and experiences!  Elder Perry, my district leader, is awesome - He gave me a great one liner to remember - "Your time goes by faster the more you work and are obedient."  Simple, but likely so true.  I got the feeling when he told me the line that there had been times where he hadn't followed that advice.  He's awesome though and I'm going to be on my game all the time.  It's like I'm a baby at the moment and what I do now will impact how I am throughout the mission.  Couldn't have asked for a better and more obedient trainer - The guy is a machine.  Good times in North Carolina!


Read Also:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments