I'm in North Carolina! - July 5, 2005

I'm in North Carolina!  Today I just got my first assignment and first mission companion.  We taught the first lesson within five minutes of meeting each other.  It flowed very well.  Elder Montague is a great missionary and extremely optimistic.  Anyway, we're serving in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.  Feels a bit like the sticks on North Carolina, but I am so pumped!  There are some really nice areas here as well - I love how green and beautiful this state is and people seem to be so nice!  He's saying his prayer right now, it's 10:40pm.  Anyway, we had a night appointment with the Estes' family.  They are the nicest people ever!  They had an all green meal for us because I was there and I'm "green" in the mission.  We taught the first lesson to them and they seemed to like it.  After she asked me for a blessing because she is having trouble with trying to stop smoking.  Anyway, I miss the family today, but I am happy to be here.  I am EXCITED for the work!  Wow, Elder Montague prays a long time!  I should finish up my letters while I have this 20 minutes of him praying.  This seems like a great area and what a great first mission companion.  Good things to come!

Ryan Van Wagenen North Carolina


Read Also:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments