Earned the Pin - August 10, 2005

Earned the coveted pin yesterday for mastering the 5 lessons.  In order to get the pin you have to have the lessons and a scripture for each point memorized.  This was not easy, but now done!  President told me I was the first in my group of 18 to get it done, so that's pretty cool.  Still so much to learn, but feeling pretty good at the moment.  Had another senior day and I am feeling the mission right now.  We talked to just about everyone that we saw today and 7 people wanted to hear what we had to say and want to meet with us again.  Pretty cool!  It's all starting to really click and I'm also giving up hope of going home and it's helping.  I always said, if I'm going to be on a mission, I gotta really BE on the mission.  So I am doing it all with 100% exactness.  Waking up everyday 15 minutes early at 6:15am in beast mode!  We bumped into these college guys at the park and we challenged them to basketball.  The deal was if we won, they would hear our story and what we're doing out here in North Carolina.  Long story short, we played them in boiling hot nasty weather in church clothes and beat them.  They were kind of embarrassed, but heard us out and seem to like what we had to say.  I think I may be in the best shape of my life, which is crazy that is even possible.  These bikes!  Another good day in North Carolina!


Read Also:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments