New Missionary - August 16, 2005

Having a new missionary next to you 24/7 is kind of weird at first.  Elder Gibbons is awesome though and he is so laid back.  At first I was a little worried, but so far he seems way chill and I think we are going to do good stuff here in Rocky Mount the next 6 weeks.  We get along really well and he is teaching me a lot and letting me lead and learn as we go.  We had dinner with the Lucas family tonight and it was awesome.  I love this area and the people are so great.  The Lucas' asked us for three blessings.  I gave two of them.  It was my first time giving multiple blessings in such a quick period of time, but it was all good.  We have such a great congregation here and the members are helping us a lot.  We get a ton of meals from them as well.  Great people out here.  We are really trying to work with the members as much as possible as they can help so much.  I really want to make a difference in the people's lives here and help in any way that I can.  I am working hard to be a people's person and always put others first.  Learning a lot as I go, but it's actually been kind of fun being out here lately.  Many blessings to come!


Read Also:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments