Joseph Thigpen - July 9, 2005

Today seemed like 10 days, but at the same time shorter than a day.  We did so much stuff that the day went by so fast even though we had accomplished so much!  That feeling is actually pretty good... We put on another 20 miles biking and I had my first bike crash!  Fell right into these rocks and a stream when we were flipping a U turn.  Didn't feel good, but luckily no real injuries.  There are so many parts of this mission that are difficult, but at the same time I kind of like it!  We talked to a lot of people today!  One guy had called for a "Finding Faith in Christ" DVD and he was awesome.  His name was Joseph Thigpen and he was talking about this preacher guy he listens to on TV and also about how he has been baptized into just about every church, so thought it was time he learned more about us, ha.  His nephew is Yancey Thigpen and played in the NFL.  What an interesting man.  I pretty much have lesson #1 completely memorised and Montague might just be the best missionary in this dispensation.  He teaches unlike anyone I've ever met.  And he loves those bikes, ha.  Rides so fast and so much!  I got to meet our ward bishop tonight and he is great.  I liked him a lot and he is very missionary minded.  I miss friends and family, but I know I am doing the right thing being out here.  If I have to go home, it's going to be something related to the bikes I swear ha.  I wouldn't mind just relaxing for a few minutes, but there is just no time.  Work to be done and loving it!

Ryan Van Wagenen North Carolina Bike

Read Also:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments