Pixtie and Martin’s Jump – November 18, 2005

I can't believe I haven't written in here since Halloween.  The highlight of the day was going to dinner in Snead’s Ferry with the Midgett Family.  Such a great family and the best part was that we went with Pixtie and Whitmer too.  I have never been to a mission dinner with more than one set of missionaries and my first time is with my good buddy from college!  How is that possible?  Mission is crazy and obviously Pixtie and I are predestined to be best friends for life.  So wild!  Good day in North Carolina and only better days ahead.


One other hilarious event I didn’t get a chance to write about was last night at the Wilmington stake center for stake conference.  After, a whole group of missionaries congregated together at the end in the cultural hall and two of the funniest missionaries I’ve ever met, Smith and Martin started getting pretty animated.  Long story short, Smith bet Martin a $100 if he could touch the rim on the basketball hoop.  First, Martin is a little larger than most missionaries, but the most funny missionary for sure.  Anyway, with a ton of people in the building, Martin casually walked toward the rim and then full suit got real serious and jumped as high as he could toward the rim.  He got at least a 1/2 inch off the ground.  It was soooo bad, but so funny.  We all could not stop laughing - Such a funny night!

Ryan Van Wagenen was a missionary in North Carolina from 2005-2007.  He served in the eastern half of the state and loved the experience.

Read Also:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments