Getting Transferred - September 24, 2005

Gibbons is like MacGyver.  He joked about being around so long that he's like an apostle out here in North Carolina that is part of the receiving inspiration.  Anyway, he does have friends all over the mission and somehow found out the day before that I would be getting transferred.  Such a weird feeling to think that I am getting transferred – Gibbons and I had a moment where we were actually feeling kind of sad about it.  He was hoping that I would be his last companion before he went home.  Anyway, he’s a great guy and learned a lot over the past 6 weeks.  Rocky Mount was the place to be!  Going to miss everyone here, especially the Washburn’s and Brian Walker a lot.  It was weird going to the Rocky Mount Ward for the last time.  It was surprising how sad it felt.  I got some good pictures with some key people though and will keep in touch!  Brian Walker called grandma tonight to tell her how well I was doing ha.  These people are great!  Although I am sad to leave, I am excited to see a new area and implement all the stuff I’ve learned over the past 3 months.  North Carolina is the place to be!

Ryan Van Wagenen was a missionary in North Carolina for 2 years in 2005.  He learned a lot from the experience.

Read Also:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments