My Call to North Carolina - March 18, 2005

It was a Friday... most mission calls came on Wednesdays or Thursdays, but the family was all coming to Utah Friday evening and I woke up at 6am that morning and knew it was coming that day!  Anyway, I went over to grandma's house at about 11:30am and the mail hadn't come yet.  I had to leave at 12:45pm to get to class, but on the way out I saw the mail man.  He said he hadn't seen any mission calls, but he checked anyway and found it.  I went home and grandma and I began to feel very nervous.  I hid the call upstairs so neither of us would look at it until mom, Missy and dad got there that night.  I was nervous... Grandma was even more than I was.  She was worried I was going to get called far away to Ghana, Ethiopia, or somewhere too far away and different.  Before I opened it, I had everyone write down on a paper their top 3 guesses... Dad, Missy, Mom, Grandma, Norman, and Cyndi were at the opening.  Right before I opened it, "Idaho" flashed in my head, which made me even more nervous.  When I opened it, I immediately read it quietly instead of out loud and said "well... we've been there before."  Mom shouted out "San Diego, Las Vegas???"  Dad started to look worried.  Then I said think furniture... and then they said "North Carolina" and dad said I got a good call and grandma looked relieved.  North Carolina Raleigh Mission.  It felt unreal, so I want upstairs to think about it.  Brittany came over a few minutes later and I "re-opened" it.  I felt surprised that it wasn't somewhere "Crazy", but I was HAPPY!  Brittany met the family and they all got along really well.  She hugged mom and dad before she left and everything was GREAT!



Read Also:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments