North Carolina Storms - July 12, 2005

I'm writing this entry for yesterday as well.  We had such a busy and great day that there was just not time to write.  Today we woke up and got to do service early morning!  We helped this older gentleman pack up his apartment as he was moving.  After helping out a bit, Brother Jefferson (a true homie) drove us into town so I could pick up my bike.  It cost $350, which is actually a lot for a missionary bike, but given that we ride 40 miles a day, had to do it!  We went straight away 20 miles into a storm.  We got rained on so horribly.  My shoes were full of water.  Rain or shine, we work just as hard!  Anyway, we came back and ate dinner (really breakfast) at Wayne's, where he told us crazy stories from his mission.  He is our ward mission leader and the guy is awesome!  After, we went with him to Joyce Moreno's bible study class.  Can I get an amen brother?  That sums up the bible study.  It was at a Pentecostal church and everyone was shouting for joy.  We also got about 30 hugs from people that we probably wouldn't necessarily like to get hugs from.  Great people though and what an experience!  Joyce said if we came with her to her bible study she'd check out our church in the coming weeks.  Pretty good deal I would say.  Time is going by FAST and Montague is getting me in tip-top shape!  Every morning we do push ups, sit ups, and bicep curls.  I really think this guy is a machine!  Couldn't ask for a better trainer.

Ryan Van Wagnen North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Read Also:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments